Friday 19 August 2016

India- season 2 episode 1

I've been in India a couple of days and already so much has happened! I've had a wonderful couple of days spending time with Mol and the other kids and catching up with friends.

I've wasted no time getting Mol using the computer! She already understands how it works and gets very excited by it! Today we used it to colour a picture and write a letter to her foster sister, teagan, who is recovering from an opperation. She also used the comunication section to tell me that she was worried about Teagan! Still not entirely sure if it was intentional or not but it's a great step either way in being able to communicate independently. 

Molly and Lilly have both been loving the adapted bike! It was such a struggle getting it here but seeing them smile as they do some really amazing exercise and PT makes that all worth it.

It's quite strange being back really. I'm some ways, so much has changed. Some kids have been adopted and new kids have arrived. Volunteers have come and gone and Molly has been potty trained. In other ways it feels like I never left. I settled straight back into working with the kids and still remember everything as if it was yesterday.

This weekend I will be making a plan of what to do with Mol to make the most of my time here. I am very aware that my time is limited but I know that if I do things right Mol will make amazing progress I  that time. I am so excited to see what Mol will tell us and learn more about what goes on in her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment