Sunday 1 March 2015

I'm in India




I've now been in India for 3 days. They've mainly been spent getting to know the place, the kids and the volunteers. It felt a bit surreal at first. I've been planning this for so long, I couldn't believe I was finally here! Yesterday I went with the other volunteers to a big indoor bazaar to buy clothes- the auto rickshaw was quite an experience.

All the short term volunteers live in rescue home, the house with all the babies and toddlers, so lots of cuddles! I've been getting to know the kids and thinking about what I want to work on with them. Some are doing great and are happy and sociable however some have spent a long time in government orphanages and are lacking even basic play skills.

Starting on Monday, I will be following my schedule so I'll get to work with children in the other homes. I'll write more about that next week!

It's currently pouring with rain!!! Despite it supposedly being the dry season! Must be because I'm here.... Rain always 








No comments:

Post a Comment